They say if you look good, you feel good. I think this rule applies in the NFL as well as in life, where a good-looking uniform and logo can help a team promote itself and increase it’s popularity. Here is a list of five teams whose look is either too busy or has gone stale, and could use a make over. What do you think?
5. Cincinnati Bengals - I know what the Bengals are trying to do with their uniforms. This is like the NFL version of the Oregon Ducks. They are trying to stand out in a crowd with their uniforms, but it doesn’t quite work. The Tiger stripe design on the helmet is OK and it’s unique, but the rest of the uniform is way too busy, with too much going on. Keep the helmets, but simplify the rest of the uniform, and they may have something.
4. Kansas City Chiefs – There is a lot of history with the Kansas City Chiefs in the NFL, and I’m sure that’s why they are reluctant to update their uniforms. And don’t get me wrong, the Chiefs uniforms aren’t bad, they’re just kind of stale. And it’s been a while since the Chiefs won anything more than a division title, so I think it’s time to change things up a bit to give the team and fans a fresh start.
3. Minnesota Vikings – Yes, I know they re-designed their uniforms a few years back. But the result is a look that’s just too busy, and is not an upgrade over their previous uniforms. This is another situation where the throw back uni’s just simply look better than the current version. I love the horn logo on the helmets. It’s fits the nickname, and looks good, but the rest of the uniform has too much going on. If I were the Vikings, I’d go-back to the throw-back.
2. Cleveland Browns - The old Cleveland Browns are in Baltimore as the Ravens, and since the new Cleveland Browns sprang up as an expansion team it seems as though they have yet to find their identity. I like the old school feel of the Browns uniforms. Having no logo on the helmet makes them unique, because they are the only NFL team that doesn’t. And even though the team is named after a man, I like the dog logo that they use, and maybe they can build on it, this is just a team that needs to find its identity and new uniforms could help with that.
1. Miami Dolphins - Another franchise with a great history, that seems to be stuck in an identity crisis. Over the years this franchise has morphed from a smash mouth run team with Larry Csonka to a high-powered passing team with Dan Marino, but Don Shula was the constant. But now, what are the Dolphins known for? Their logo, a dolphin with a helmet never really stood out to me, and now seems stale. The colors are great for a team in Miami, but this is another team that could use a fresh start uniform wise.
- Top 10 NFL Uniforms, Vol. 1 – 2012 (fanonfiresportswire.com)
- NFL Inferno: (Trending Up) – Five Non-Playoff Teams Most Likely to make the Playoffs this season (fanonfiresportswire.com)
- NFL Inferno: Five Playoff Teams that might Miss the Playoffs this season. (fanonfiresportswire.com)
- Miami Dolphins communicating with NFL headquarters about a logo change for 2013 (blogs.palmbeachpost.com)