Oregon’s Dion Jordan has skyrocketed up the draft board.
Find out where he might land in the - Fan on Fire: 2013 NFL mock draft Vol. 8
Fan on Fire: 2013 NFL mock draft
62. Baltimore Ravens - Jamie Collins, OLB – Southern Mississippi:
61. San Francisco 49ers - Phillip Thomas, FS – Fresno State:
60. Atlanta Falcons - Logan Ryan, CB – Rutgers: The Falcons have a huge need for a CB.
59. New England Patriots - Tavarres King, WR – Georgia:
58. Denver Broncos – Travis Frederick, OG – Wisconsin:
57. Houston Texans – Terrance Williams, WR – Baylor:
- 56. Seattle Seahawks - Kawann Short, DT – Purdue:
55. Green Bay Packers - Robert Woods, WR – USC: The Packers like to draft WR’s in the second round, and Woods fits their profile.
54. Miami Dolphins (Colts) - David Amerson, CB - N.C. State:
53. Cincinnati Bengals – William Gholston, DE – Michigan State:
52. Minnesota Vikings - DeAndre Hopkins, WR – Clemson:
51. Washington Redskins - Matt Elam, SS – Florida: The Redskins desperatly need help at safety.
50. Chicago Bears - Khaseem Greene, ILB – Rutgers: Brian Urlacher is near the end of his career.
49. New York Giants - Alex Okafor, DE – Texas: The Giants love to draft pass rushers.
48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Andre Ellington, RB Clemson: Andre Ellington could add a versatile threat to the Steelers offense.
47. Dallas Cowboys – Tyler Wilson, QB – Arkansas: Jerry Jones gets his QB of the future, and one with Arkansas ties.
- 46. St. Louis Rams – Arthur Brown, OLB – Kansas State:
- 45. San Diego Chargers - Zach Ertz, TE – Stanford: The Chargers add a TE to pair with Antonio Gates.
- 44. Carolina Panthers – Jonathan Jenkins, DT – Georgia:
- 43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jonthan Banks, CB – Mississippi State:
- 42. Miami Dolphins – Larry Warford, OG – Kentucky:
- 41. Buffalo Bills - Justin Hunter, WR – Tennessee:
- 40. Tennessee Titans - Sam Montgomery, DE – LSU:
- 39. New York Jets - Barrett Jones, OG – Alabama: Jones can play either Guard or Center.
- 38. Arizona Cardinals – Matt Barkley, QB – USC: The Cardinals got their offensive tackle in the first round, and now they get their QB.
- 37. Cincinnati Bengals (Raiders) - Giovani Bernard, RB – North Carolina: The Bengals need a threat at RB.
- 36. Detroit Lions - Cornelius Carradine, DE – Florida State:
- 35. Philadelphia Eagles – Eric Reid, FS – LSU: The Eagles continue the makeover of their secondary.
- 34. San Francisco 49ers (Chiefs) - Jordan Poyer, CB – Oregon State: The 49ers may trade this pick to get Darrelle Revis, but if they can’t get him they still take a CB here.
- 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Eddie Lacy, RB – Alabama: Maurice Jones-Drew won’t be around forever, and Lacy can help Blaine Gabbert by taking pressure off the passing game.
32. Baltimore Ravens - Manti Teo, ILB – Notre Dame: The Ravens address a need at ILB with the controversial Teo. Previous Pick: Sam Mongomery, OLB – LSU
31. San Francisco 49ers - Sylvester Williams, DE – North Carolina: The 49ers add more depth to the defensive line. Previous Pick: Jesse Williams, NT – Alabama
30. Atlanta Falcons - Damontre Moore, DE – Texas A&M: The Falcons address a need and take a pass rusher in Moore, who slides to them after a poor performacne at the combine: The Falcons may trade this pick, as a team may move into the first round to take a QB. Previous pick: Zach Ertz, TE – Stanford
29. New England Patriots - Johnathan Hankins, DT – Ohio State: The Patriots get more depth on their defensive line. Previous Pick: Sharif Floyd, DT – Florida
28. Denver Broncos – Jamar Taylor, CB – Boise State: The Broncos need some help in their defensive backfield: Manti Te’o, ILB – Notre Dame
27. Houston Texans – Desmond Trufant, CB – Washington: The Texans need to add some skill to their defensive backfield. Previous Pick: Jonthan Banks, CB – Mississippi State
- 26. Green Bay Packers - Datone Jones, DE – UCLA: The Packers add some depth to their defensive line. Previous Pick: Datone Jones, DE – UCLA
25. Seattle Seahawks - D.J. Fluker, OT – Alabama: The Seahawks could use a RT, and Fluker is the top one left on the board. Previous Pick: Justin Hunter, WR – Tennessee
24. Indianapolis Colts - Johnathan Cooper, OG – North Carolina: The Colts were not a very good running team and Cooper can help with that as well as protecting Andrew Luck. Previous Pick: Johnathan Cooper, OG – North Carolina
23. Minnesota Vikings – Jesse Williams, NT – Alabama: The Vikings need some help on the interior defensive line. Previous Pick: Tavon Austin, WR – West Virginia
22. St. Louis Rams (from Washington) - Tavon Austin, WR – West Virginia: The Rams need more talent at WR. Previous Pick: Cordarelle Patterson, WR – Tennessee
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Alec Ogletree, ILB – Georgia: There are some character issues with Ogletree, and some speculate he may slide out of the first round, but Bengals don’t shy away from drafting players with character issues. Previous Pick: Alec Ogletree, ILB
20. Chicago Bears - Tyler Eifert, TE – Notre Dame: The Bears don’t get much production from their TE’s, so Eifert could help change that. Previous Pick: Tyler Eifert, TE – Notre Dame
19. New York Giants - Sheldon Richardson, DT – Missouri: The Giants add more depth to their defensive line. Previous Pick: Jonathan Jenkins, DT – Georgia
18. Dallas Cowboys – Ezekiel Ansah, DE – BYU: The Cowboys bolster their defensivce line with Ansah. Previous Pick: Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Kevin Minter, ILB – LSU: The Steelers need to add some youth all over their defense and Minter will help. Previous Pick: Kevin Minter, ILB – LSU
16. St. Louis Rams - Kenny Vacarro, SS – Texas: The Rams need an enforcer at SS. Previous Pick: Kenny Vacarro, SS – Texas
- 15. New Orleans Saints – Barkevious Mingo, OLB – LSU: The Saints don’t have much of a pass rush, so Mingo can help at OLB as the Saints move to a 3-4 defense. And Mingo is also a local product from LSU. Previous Pick: Dion Jordan, OLB – Oregon
- 14. Carolina Panthers -Keenan Allen, WR – Cal: The Panthers could use a WR like Allen to give Cam Newton another weapon in the passing game. Previous Pick: Sheldon Richardson, DT – Missouri
- 13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Sharif Floyd, DT – Florida: Floyd had a great combine and vaults up the board. And the Bucs could use some size on the interior defensive line. Previous Pick: Johnathan Hankins, DT – Ohio State
- 12. Miami Dolphins - Cordarelle Patterson, WR – Tennessee: The Dolphins need a WR, and Patterson is the top WR on the board. Previous Pick: Keenan Allen, WR – Cal
- 11. San Diego Chargers – Xavier Rhodes, CB – Florida State: The Chargers are getting a little long in the tooth at CB and Rhodes is a big fast prospect. Previous Pick: Xavier Rhodes, CB – Florida State
- 5. Detroit Lions – Eric Fisher, OT – Central Michigan: The Lions could use more pass protection for Matthew Stafford, so they take Fisher here: Damontre Moore, DE – Texas A&M
- 2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Bjoern Werner, DE – Florida State: Werner reminds me of the Rams Chris Long. A DE with a relentless motor and is equally effective against the run or pass rushing. He’s not flashy, but will be a cornerstone of your defense for ten years. Previous Pick: Bjoern Werner, DE – Florida State
10. Tennessee Titans – Chance Warmack, OG – Alabama: The Titans need help on the interior of the line and Warmack is the top OG in the draft. Previous Pick: Chance Warmack, OG – Alabama
9. New York Jets – Jarvis Jones, OLB – Georgia: With the top Tackles off the board, the Jets address their lack of a pass rusher and take Jones. Previous Pick: Eric Fisher, OT – Central Michigan
8. Buffalo Bills - Geno Smith, QB – West Virginia: The Bills address a need by drafting the top rated QB on the board in Smith. Previous Pick: Barkevious Mingo, OLB – LSU
7. Arizona Cardinals - Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma: Regardless od who is the QB for the Cardinals next season, they must address the offensive line, and Johnson is the highest rated prospect on the board. Previous Pick: Geno Smith, QB – West Virginia
6. Cleveland Browns – Star Lotulelei, DT – Utah: There have been medical questions arise about Lotulelei from the combine, and if they are confirmed he may fall from the first round, but if he checks out OK he is still a big time prospect. Previous Pick: Star Lotulelei, DT – Utah
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Dee Milliner, CB – Alabama: The Eagles could use some help at CB and Milliner is the top ocrner in the draft. Previous Pick: Dee Milliner, CB – Alabama
3. Oakland Raiders – Dion Jordan, OLB/DE – Oregon: The Raiders need help at OLB and ILB. Jordan had a great combine and has moved into the top five. Previous Pick: Jarvis Jones, OLB – Georgia
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Luke Joeckel, OT – Texas A&M: At this point there is no QB to pick at number one. The Chiefs have traded for Alex Smith, so they get Joekel to add for pass protection. Previous Pick: Luke Joeckel, OT – Texas A&M
- Why Buffalo Bills Should Trade No. 8 Overall Draft Pick to San Francisco 49ers (bleacherreport.com)
- 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Tank Carradine, Star Lotulelei head in opposite directions after combine (sbnation.com)
- 2013 NFL Mock Draft Update: 49ers Cashing In (nflmocks.com)
- 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Sure Things for Every First-Round Team (bleacherreport.com)