Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos won the AFC West last season, but can they repeat as champions this year?
AFC West Prediction:
Why they will win? The Broncos have the Best QB in the division in Peyton Manning. They also have the best defense. Granted, Von Miller may be suspended for four games, but the Broncos defense should still be good enough to hold off the offenses in the rest of the division. As the Broncos offense should once again be one of the highest scoring in the league.
2. San Diego Chargers: The Chargers still have Philip Rivers at QB and have new head coach in Mike McCoy. If Rivers can get back to his form of a few seasons ago, the Chargers might contend for a playoff spot. Eyes will be on rookie LB Manti Te’o as the Chargers must also improve on defense.
3. Kansas City Chiefs: New head coach Andy Reid will turn to Alex Smith as his new QB. The Chiefs have some nice weapons on offense, especially RB Jamaal Charles, however, they will be good on defense as well. Smith will be an upgrade over the Chiefs QB’s from last season, but how will be match up against the likes of Manning and Rivers.
4. Oakland Raiders: The Raiders have new QB Matt Flynn, but will he be enough to get the team going on offense? Head coach Dennis Allen struggled in his first season, and I think the Raiders will struggle to make the playoffs again this year.
- NFL 2013 Division Preview: AFC West (beforethesnap.com)
- AFC West: Games to Watch (stoopsports.com)
- NFL Preview: AFC and NFC West (allthroughsports.wordpress.com)
- 2013 NFL Preview: AFC West (nfl.si.com)